I know women aren’t supposed to poop or fart, but confession…I do. Thankfully, it doesn’t stink though.
If you haven’t heard of this amazing Poopourri product and hilarious commercials, I encourage you to Google it and see! There’s no doubting that the stuff is incredible, however the price is what stinks. So when my friend introduced me to this product that you spray on the toilet water before you use the potty, I had to check out the ingredients and figure out how to make my own, for about 90% less than their price.
Basically it works like magic because the rubbing alcohol and essential oils create a barrier of surface tension before you go that lets poop fall through, but traps the smell below. So someone may hear you pooping, but walk right in after you and be absolutely befuddled that your poop literally doesn’t stink. I strongly suggest you carry this with you wherever you go to maintain this illusion.
Homemade Pre-Poo/Pee Spray
You will need:
- a small glass spray bottle – I use 2 ounce cobalt spray bottles online or at my local natural store
- 1 tsp. rubbing alcohol
- 15-20 drops of essential oils of choice
1. Pour rubbing alcohol into glass container.
2. Add essential oils. They will mix in better with the alcohol first before adding water.
3. Carefully fill the bottle with water. It can sometimes be hard to see, so go slow to not overflow/waste. I only fill to where it starts graduating into the neck.
4. Twist on the lid and slap some labels on that bad boy.
5. Spray on remaining water in toilet bowl before you go, then poop with confidence.
- Since there is no guarantee that others (husbands) are going to use this as faithfully as you may, I also like to spray some on the top of the water AFTER I’m finished so that the next person has no choice. Heh heh heh.
- I have too much fun making different
flavorsessential oil combinations to make Pre-Poo/Pee spray gifts for family and friends. A few of my favorites are Lemongrass/Peppermint, Lavender/Cedarwood, Joy/Lemon and Orange/Cinnamon. Sometimes equal amounts of both oils, or maybe more of one than the other. I think anything is likely to smell better than poop, so don’t worry.
- I think it is funny and informative to display this free printable 4″x6″ sign I made with it. And here are the address labels I put on the glass container, if you’d like.
Poo Spray Photo Frame (4×6)
Poo Spray Glass Bottle Labels (address labels)
- I plan to order these small atomizer/mist sprayers to make better travel-sized Pre-Poo/Pees. It is nice to worry less about maybe having to go in public!
Taking a dump has never been more pleasant, for everyone. Hopefully my family and friends will be overjoyed to unwrap this gift. I only want the best for them.
This post is also hanging out at: Manic Mondays Blog Hop
This is my necessary disclaimer that this blog is not meant to diagnose, treat, or cure. I am only a mom with an education background. I must let you know that any essential oils statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. I simply approve for myself and family of such things that I deem safe, effective, and positively life-transformative. I encourage you all to be informed and empowered with your health. Also, some of my posts may contain affiliate links. When you click them, you help me to cover a small portion of the cost of this blog. I appreciate your support so that I can continue to do what I love. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Odds & Evans’ ideals, my personal use, and those I believe would be of value to my readers.