‘Tis always the season to make homemade gifts! One of my favorite DIY beauty recipes that I plan on batching up for others is this Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub. I cannot get enough of how yummy it smells and how silky soft and healthy it makes my skin feel…and how easily you can whip it up! My Orange Dreamsicle recipe is another simple scrumptious scrub you may want to check out!
You will need:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar (or turbinado sugar/ Sugar in the Raw)
- up to 1/4 cup oil base (I use liquid coconut oil but olive or almond would also be great)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, how make your own (or vanilla essential oil*)
- 2-3 drops of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp or a few drops of Vitamin E Oil (optional)
- sealable containers
- labels (free printable below)
1. Mix both sugars, vanilla, cinnamon, and Vitamin E oil in a bowl.
2. Slowly pour the oil base to mixture until your texture preference. I prefer my scrub less oily so I do not use the full amount.
3. Scoop some out with your fingers or a spoon and scrub your skin with it. Rinse well with warm water and/or wash cloth. Excellent for face, hands, lips, feet…anywhere!
4. Keep in sealed jars. High-quality Cinnamon Oil will preserve it for a few months and the Vitamin E Oil would extend it’s shelf-life further. Once you feel how wonderfully it exfoliates your skin, though, you’ll surely use it up before then!
5. Slap my label on it and gift it away, or enjoy it for yourself. Here’s my free printable of them: Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub Labels PDF
I like using 4 oz. jelly Ball jars and these labels fit well on the canning lids, or would be nice on other containers you find. The recipe above will make four gifts this size.
*I don’t have Vanilla essential oil on hand, but I do have StressAway oil which contains vanilla and lime so I tried a batch using that instead of my homemade vanilla extract. Combining StressAway with the Cinnamon essential oil was a WONDERFUL treat in that batch, so be creative!
If I can’t eat it, I don’t put it on my body. This exfoliating scrub is reminiscent of holiday baking and no harm if you accidentally get some into your mouth. At least with therapeutic-grade Cinnamon Bark essential oil, it acts as an antiseptic and can promote healthy cardiovascular and immune function! You can also use it to enhance your cooking, or dilute and massage into the chakras to create a soothing, relaxing sensation.
My song pairing as I do for all my sugar scrub recipes: “C-C-Cinnamon Lips” by OK GO. One of my favorite bands. This was one of their earlier songs and videos, which are always so creative (maybe not this one, but these dance moves foreshadowed the later famous ones!) including treadmill dancing, unique ways of paint splatters, marching bands, their own Rube Goldberg Machine set up and more. Start with this one and then watch their others!
Other sugar scrubs:
This is my necessary disclaimer that this blog is not meant to diagnose, treat, or cure. I am only a mom with an education background. I must let you know that any essential oils statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. I simply approve for myself and family of such things that I deem safe, effective, and positively life-transformative. I encourage you all to be informed and empowered with your health. Also, some of my posts may contain affiliate links. When you click them, you help me to cover a small portion of the cost of this blog. I appreciate your support so that I can continue to do what I love. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Odds & Evans’ ideals, my personal use, and those I believe would be of value to my readers.