Orange Dreamsicle Sugar Scrub (With Free Printable Label)
When I teach make-and-take classes for a sugar scrub, guests are always so amazed at how simple and economical they are to create. This homemade orange creamsicle sugar scrub recipe smells heavenly, and it leaves your skin incredibly smooth! It is the perfect scrub for any season, and even men will enjoy the grittiness and fresh scent!
How and where can I use this sugar scrub?
Face, hands, feet, lips, elbows, neck…any skin that could benefit from a slight sloughing of dead or rough skin cells. You can massage it on dry, or wet the area or your fingers first. It can be washed off immediately or after a few minutes (I like a washcloth to help me wipe it all off, or you could shower/splash it off enough). It is all your preference, of course. I prefer to use it on my face once a week. Moisturizing is always nice after exfoliation, especially in the winter, but the oils in this help keep your skin soft without the harsh drying of most store-bought products. So you may not need to depending on your skin and weather. I use plain coconut or almond oil to moisturize as well, or a homemade body butter with essential oils.
What do I need to make it?
- 1/4 cup oil base (I prefer liquid coconut oil because it always stays liquid then, but melting regular solid coconut oil first works, too! Just may need a little fork/finger fluff occasionally if it clumps up later – all still good though! Other great base oils are almond, hazelnut, sunflower, or even olive)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I make my own like this)
- 10-12 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil – A must-have! It is a blend of essential oils from the peels of orange, tangerine, grapefruit, lemon, mandarin, AND spearmint*. You can order it through me , but I recommend getting it as the freebie with the Premium Starter Kit so you have everything you need to get oiled up with me (poor choice of words?)!
- 3/4 cup white sugar (any sugar you want, really. I just thought white looked the best for this.)
- OPTIONAL: a few drops of Vitamin E Oil, or empty some vitamin E capsules. The reason for adding vitamin E is two-fold: it makes it more moisturizing AND is a natural preservative that will further extend its shelf life.
- jar label (free printable below)
How do I make it?
Just mix all of those ingredients up! I think adding the sugar last is nice so that you can adjust to the texture you want. Once it is combined, you’ll have about 8 ounces of homemade spa! It will fill two small jelly/salsa Ball jars, and is probably good for up to 6 months. I have no testing of that, so please just use it up fast (and use your best judgement). A good rule of thumb is when you can no longer smell the essential oil (which preserves it), you may want to make a new batch.
Slap my label on it, use or gift it, and enjoy! Here is a free printable for you to download that fits well on mason jar lids: Orange Dreamsicle Scrub Free Printable Label
Just like my Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub with free printable label, this recipe smells good enough to eat! In fact, my friend cracked me up when she told me her husband DID eat some! Besides a possible sugar rush, he at least got a big antioxidant boost…but I encouraged her to take it away from him so she could enjoy it for its intended purpose…exfoliation. So I must include the disclaimer to please not eat it 🙂
*”Citrus Fresh™ is a relaxing, calming blend loved by children and adults alike. Rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene, it supports the immune system and overall health while bringing about a sense of well-being, creativity, and feelings of joy. It also works as an air purifier when diffused.” (source) Citrus oils are photosensitive, which means you may want to avoid being in the direct sun for 12 hours after use (no harm, just possible temporary discolor). Click on the bottle to order it and please put my referral ID 1756452 in for both sponsor and enroller when it asks. Check out my other essential oils resources and contact me personally anytime for help with ordering!
One of my sugar scrub posts isn’t complete without a song pairing. Please enjoy “Orange Blossom Special” by The Charlie Daniels Band. Music that I remember fondly from my childhood. Whether you love or hate this kind of music, his talent is undeniable! I cherish the time I once took my parents to watch him perform at my alma mater.
My Other Sugar Scrubs:
This is my necessary disclaimer that this blog is not meant to diagnose, treat, or cure. I am only a mom with an education background. I must let you know that any essential oils statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. I simply approve for myself and family of such things that I deem safe, effective, and positively life-transformative. I encourage you all to be informed and empowered with your health. Also, some of my posts may contain affiliate links. When you click them, you help me to cover a small portion of the cost of this blog. I appreciate your support so that I can continue to do what I love. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Odds & Evans’ ideals, my personal use, and those I believe would be of value to my readers.