Fall is my favorite time for craft foam bath fun! Since thin craft foam sticks to the tub surface like magic with just water, there are so many possibilities to what kids and parents can create at bath time.
Like my other craft foam bath activities, I roughly-made this one on the spot – sitting beside him in the bathroom with my scissors and foam collection (found at Michaels or you could buy it on *affiliate* Amazon). I mostly only needed to cut out a basic tree shape with branches because I ended up using the turkey feathers from my Turkey Tub Bath Fun post (that’s they the one red leaf looks funny…it was a turkey snood)! I just save all of my random pieces from each theme, because many will be multi-use for other bath art.
You may even find pre-cut foam leaves from a craft store!
With the leaves floating around in the tub to get wet, these craft foam activities are a perfect chance to soak up some educational fun as well. Here are a few examples:
- Try writing spelling or vocabulary words or definitions on leaves for practicing homework studies.
- How about a tree trunk labeled “vowels” and one labeled “consonants“, with letters on leaves to be placed accordingly.
- Make a tree trunk for different colors or shapes with leaves for little ones to match up.
- Not just for language arts – math skills can be practiced this way too. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division facts or concepts can be paired with other leaves, trunks, or just a “drill” when picked up.
- And you can always pair it with easy homemade yogurt bath paint to paint an Autumn scene, or just doodle around!
This is my necessary disclaimer that this blog is not meant to diagnose, treat, or cure. I am only a mom with an education background. I must let you know that any essential oils statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. I simply approve for myself and family of such things that I deem safe, effective, and positively life-transformative. I encourage you all to be informed and empowered with your health. Also, some of my posts may contain affiliate links. When you click them, you help me to cover a small portion of the cost of this blog. I appreciate your support so that I can continue to do what I love. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Odds & Evans’ ideals, my personal use, and those I believe would be of value to my readers.